BENEFITS & SERVICES
Chamber members enjoy a variety of benefits, including networking, training, and value-added benefits. For more information about these programs, please call the Chamber office at 978-283-1601 or email.
The Chamber has two main visitor information centers. The first is located at 33 Commercial Street in downtown Gloucester, and is open year-round – this is also the headquarters of the Cape Ann Chamber. This center provides visitor services and offers residents a valuable resource for information. Convenient brochure display racks promote accommodations, attractions, restaurants, retail, and service businesses, while professional staff can be counted on for referral services. The Chamber also operates a seasonal Visitor Center in Rockport on Upper Main Street. Together these two centers personally welcome in excess of 50,000 visitors annually. In addition, the Chamber maintains a visitor booth in downtown Rockport, and maintains a large brochure display at the Rt 128 rest stop in Beverly.
Chamber members are promoted to tens of thousands of potential customers in the Chamber’s best-in-class publications and the region’s most powerful websites:
• Cape Ann’s top websites for the visitor economy, retail and the trades include: CapeAnnVacations.com and RockportUSA.com (combined in excess of 500,000 unique views annually). TOP AREA GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS
• Cape Ann Guide – 75,000 copies – Cape Ann, North Shore, Boston, and AAA distribution throughout New England
• Cape Ann Visitor Map – 110,000 copies – distribution throughout Cape Ann and New England
- Rockport Walking Guide– 40,000 copies – distribution throughout Rockport and Cape Ann
- Rockport Visitors Map & Guide (new in 2016) – 75,000 copies – distributed throughout Cape Ann and New England
- Membership Directory– over 20,000 copies – direct mailed to all Cape Ann residences and businesses, and part of all new member packages
- Direct involvement in state and regional tourism organizations
• At-A-Glance– weekly newsletter to 1,500 area business people
•Soundings – monthly on-line magazine to 1,500 are business people businesses
• Two strong visitor centers providing visitors with referrals and information with over 50,000 visitors annually, and maintain a visitor information booth in Rockport and information rack at the Rt 128 rest stop.
NETWORKING/NEW BUSINESS CONTACTS
• Monthly Business After Hours
• Business women networking, seminars, speaker programs
• Committee meetings
• Board meetings
CAPE ANN GIFT CERTIFICATE
The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce is pleased to continue to offer Gift Certificates which are redeemable at and in support of over 200 of the regions finest businesses.
Get yours today!
How Do Local Businesses Benefit?
- The Program creates economic growth on Cape Ann
- Free advertising and exposure for participating businesses
- Access to dollars that stay on Cape Ann
How Does It Work?
Certificates may be purchased in value from $10 to $100. Certificates are deposited as a check – simply fill in the store name in the payee space. The Chamber maintains an account funded by the original purchase of the gift certificate. Upon usage, certificate balances over $10 may be given as store credit/coupon or in cash, at the business’s discretion; balances under $10 should be given as cash.
How Much Does It Cost?
There is no charge to join in the Cape Ann Gift Certificate program – participation is a benefit of Chamber membership.
New in 2014 is a small flat rate charge of 50 cents per certificate to partially offset the cost of printing and handling.
- The Chamber encourages participation from all Cape Ann business types: retail, dining, hospitality, services, and professional.
- There are currently over 200 Chamber members participating in the program.
- The names of participating businesses are given out with each gift certificate sale, and are listed here: Gift Certificate List.
Where Can They Be Purchased?
- At the Chamber office in Gloucester
- At both Shaw’s Supermarket Gloucester locations
EDUCATION & TRAINING PROGRAMS
• Seminars and speaker series
• Free business counseling in partnership with Salem State University and SCORE
• Financial planning assistance
• Contractor education programs
• Created the school banking and mentor programs
• Offer six local scholarships
• The Chamber has been a strong and effective advocate for the business community on key issues at the local, state and federal level
• Provide forums for dialogue with local, state and federal officials
CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN
Pricing: Members: $75.00
Members of the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce have signed up to offer exclusive discounts to other Chamber Members.
- This program is a FREE listing available to Chamber Members who wish to increase their visibility and customer outreach on Cape Ann.
- Coupons for participating businesses are listed on the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce website. (member login required)
- Any offer though this program is exclusive to Chamber members and not available to the general public.
- A Participants List is available for download and is updated throughout the year. It is never too late to be included.
Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce has teamed up with Constant Contact to bring you another valuable Chamber Member Benefit!
Your chamber has partnered with Constant Contact, the leader in online marketing for small businesses like yours. Constant Contact brings you a great way to connect and engage with your customers and since we are partnered with them all of our members can get up to 25% off for their accounts! Their tools include:
- Email Marketing is the essential, cost-effective communications tool for online newsletters, promotions, and more.
- Social Campaigns allows you to get new and more engaged Facebook fans and create measurable business growth through social media marketing.
- Event Marketing is the best way for your business to promote events, capture registrations and payments online.
- Online Survey allows you to get deeper insight into how your customers feel about your business and make informed decisions based on the results.
Since you are a member of our Chamber, you qualify for a fantastic Constant Contact discount.
If you prepay for six months you receive a 20% discount; if you prepay for a year you save 25%. There’s never been a better time to try Constant Contact and we use them for all of our online marketing!
If you haven’t opened an account yet you can start with a free 60-day trial to test out their products. To begin your trial click here.
Already using Constant Contact? If you are already paying for Constant Contact or would like to upgrade your trial to a paid account please send an email to email@example.com with your user name and let them know you are a member of the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce!