CAPE ANN LICENSE PLATE
Proceeds from the license plate will be used to benefit promotion, economic development and education initiatives for Cape Ann and the Cape Ann communities of Essex, Gloucester, Manchester-by-the-Sea, and Rockport.
After an extensive design submission and voting process, the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to announce the winning design for the Cape Ann License plate. The winning design was chosen after nearly 2,000 votes were received from the Cape Ann community through online and ballot voting. The design was created by local Rockport artist, Annalei Babson, from Coveside Designs.
Download the Cape Ann License Plate Application or fill out the online form below to reserve your application:
The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce will contact you to obtain your current valid driver’s license number and collect your check payment.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- These special plates are only available to Massachusetts residents with a valid driver’s license.
- License Plates will be randomly assigned numbers UNLESS YOU WANT TO RESERVE YOUR OWN CUSTOM NUMBER. (This is a separate, one-time minimum donation of $100/per requested number, paid to the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce. These are processed and approved on a first come, first served basis. If your number is approved, you will receive a written confirmation.)
- Each Cape Ann license plate will cost $40, in addition to a $20 plate swap fee plus any applicable registration fees. You will need to make a check payable to “MASS DOT”
- Registrations will be renewed every two years.
- If you are putting your plate on a newly acquired vehicle, you must pay applicable sales tax, title and registration fees at the time of registration.
- In the form, you will need to fill out your local Registry of Motor Vehicles branch location to pick up your new license plate. You will then be notified by mail that your plates have been shipped to your requested branch. Bring your current valid car registration and current plates (if applicable) to the branch at that time to swap or pick up your new Cape Ann plates.
- The Chamber must collect 1,500 applications before manufacture and distribution of the plate can begin. So spread the word!