PROMOTING CAPE ANN
PROGRAM OF WORK
GUIDES, MAPS & MORE
ROUTE 128 BROCHURE RACK
CHAMBER VISITOR CENTERS
INNKEEPER ON-CALL PROGRAM
The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that the Innkeeper-on-Call Program will return for the 2015 season. The program will run daily from July 1 through Labor Day, September 7.
What is the Innkeeper-on-Call Program? The Program is designed to provide visitors an after-hours source for accommodations information and to direct business to our members even when the Chamber’s visitor centers are closed.
How does it work? It’s easy! Accommodations simply call or email their room availability daily to the Chamber office and/or Rockport Visitor Center. Vacancy information is maintained at the Chamber of Commerce and Rockport Visitor Centers and updated throughout the day.
What is asked of an Innkeeper who participates? For up to three designated evenings, each day’s Innkeeper-on-Call agrees to accept calls from 5pm to 9pm (4pm to 9pm on Sundays), and to refer visitors to accommodations with vacancies that match visitors’ needs.
What are the Chamber’s duties? The Chamber will compile a list of participating accommodations and distribute the Innkeeper on Call schedule to all participating accommodation members. Each day the Chamber will post the name and telephone numbers of the day’s Innkeeper-on-Call at our visitor centers and on Facebook. We will also contact each day’s Innkeeper-on-Call with the availability for that evening. There is no cost to participate!
The Innkeeper-on-Call Program is a member benefit provided to Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce Accommodations members.
VISITING CAPE ANN
- BY SEA, NAVIGATE TO GLOUCESTER HARBOR (42°35’N, 70°40’W)
- DRIVING TO CAPE ANN Cape Ann is located along the northeasterly stretch of Route 128 North, which ends in Gloucester. Use exits 16 and 15 for Manchester-by-the-Sea and Magnolia, exits 18, 15 and 14 for Essex, and exits 14 and 13 for West Gloucester and Gloucester Harbor. Get to Rockport by continuing north along Route 127 or Route 127A from Gloucester.
- NOTE ABOUT INTERSTATE 95 AND ROUTE 128 Route 128 and Interstate 95 are the same highway from southern Massachusetts until Peabody, MA. In Peabody, Route 95 branches off toward New Hampshire and Maine. When traveling north on Interstate 95/Route 128, you must stay on Route 128 by keeping to the left at exit 45.
- FROM LOGAN AIRPORT Go right off the airport exit road onto Route 1A North. Follow for 3 miles to Route 60 West. Follow Route 60 to Route 1 North (in Saugus). Follow Route 1 North onto Route 128/95 North and follow directions above.
- FROM THE NORTH (NEW HAMPSHIRE, MAINE, ETC.) From Interstate 93 or Route 3 (Northwestern MA and New Hampshire), follow Interstate 93 or Route 3 South to Interstate 95 North. Follow Interstate 95 North to Route 128 North and follow directions above.
- FROM MANCHESTER, NH AIRPORT Take a right at the bottom of the airport exit road, onto Route 293 South/101 East, following signs to Interstate 93 South. Turn right onto Interstate 93 South and follow directions via Interstate 93 South above.
- FROM INTERSTATE 95 (MAINE AND EASTERN NEW HAMPSHIRE) Follow Interstate 95 South to Route 133 (Exit 54), and follow Route 133 East via Ipswich into Essex and Cape Ann along the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway.
- FROM THE SOUTH (BOSTON AND SOUTH SHORE) Follow either Interstate 93 or Route 1 North to Interstate 95 North/Route 128 and follow directions above.
- FROM THE WEST (NEW YORK, NORTHWESTERN MA, VT, ETC.) Follow Interstate 90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) East to Exit 14 (Interstate 95). From northwestern MA or southern VT, follow Route 2 East to Interstate 95. Take Interstate 95 North and follow directions above. (NYC Hint: Interstate 95 is often extremely congested through NY, CT and RI. It is almost always faster to take I 684 North to I 84 East to I 90 East).
- HELPFUL WEBSITES
- canntran.com – local bus schedules for Gloucester and Rockport
- mbta.com – commuter train schedules (Rockport/Newburyport line)
- massport.com – information about Logan International Airport (Boston)
- flymanchester.com – information about Manchester/Boston Regional Airport (Manchester, NH) For more information, please visit the following sites.
- capeannvacations.com; www.rockportUSA.com