Governor Baker announced a new grant program for Massachusetts businesses that hire and retain new workers. The grant is a flat rate of $4,000 per new hire, up to $400,000 per business (100 workers). This grant program runs from March 23, 2022, until December 31, 2022, or until the funding runs out.
Examples of How Funds May Be Used
- Grant funds could subsidize additional time spent shadowing more experienced colleagues or on extended on-the-job training during an onboarding period
- Grant funds could be used to hire an external training provider to provide technical skills training
- Grant funds could be used to incentivize hiring, allowing an employer to offer a sign-on bonus to job candidates if they accept an offer and remained employed for 60 days
- Grant funds could be used to give the new hire a retention bonus following a certain number of days at the organization
- Grant funds could be used to offer tuition reimbursement benefits.
We urge interested employers to learn the full rules of the program and how to apply. Visit https://commcorp.org/hirenow/guidelines/ for details.